Man-made countertops Vs Natural stone countertops- Which is better?
A decent countertop can make your dining table more attractive and eye-catching. Most of the people get confused to select from the two main options. Obviously, there is only two options in countertops apart from glass-tops. Those options are man made countertops and natural stone countertops. Countertops of both these categories can add elegance to your kitchen’s overall look—some like the styles of man-made countertops whereas some prefer natural ones. The selection depends upon your personal choices. Here we are bringing up a fair comparison between these two options. That will clear all your confusions and help you to select your preferred choice.
Check out for Best Tabletop Grill and related products at theglasshousegrille.com.
What is the basic difference between these two options?
The basic difference between these two types of countertops lies in their manufacturing process. You can clearly understand from the name ‘man made countertops’ that these are not authentic stones. Engineers design these countertops using a combination of natural stones and resins. So, you get a mixture of stone and resin as the main material in these countertops.
On the other hand, the natural stone countertops contain 100% genuine stones like granite and marble. The stone-chips aren’t visible in these countertops as man-made countertops. You will also notice an inconsistency on the surface, unlike the man-made ones.
What is the better option among the two types of countertops?
- Natural stone countertops are more stylish and unique in terms of designs. The designs and colours of two man-made countertops can be similar sometimes. But that isn’t possible in case of natural stone countertops. That’s why natural stone countertops can add a unique and catchy touch to the overall kitchen-interior. Also, you get more colour and design options in the natural stone countertops. So, if you’re a selective person, natural stone countertops will be preferable for you.
- Both the countertops are more or less durable. But natural stone countertops are generally harder than the other options. The man-made countertops offer lesser durability as those contain a stone-resin mixture. Sometimes the natural stone countertops can be softer also because not all the natural stones consist of hard structure.
- Cleaning options are also easier in natural stone countertops than man-made ones. That’s because of the inconsistent surface of the countertops. On the other hand, cleaning man-made countertops is a bit harder for the even and consistent surface.
- The natural stone countertops are usually easier to repair when broken. Also, you won’t have to spend a lot on the repairing process of such countertops. The repairing of man-made countertops is more expensive and time-taking.
- The price ranges of man-made countertops are way cheaper and affordable. On the contrary, natural stone countertops are more expensive, and not everyone can afford that. The price ranges of natural stone countertops are higher due to the presence of natural stones inside.
If you keep these points in your mind before finalizing anyone, it will be a great help while making the perfect decision.
These are all the pros and cons of the two main categories of countertops. Your selection has to be according to your colour and design preference. Have a glance at the price range as well before buying a countertop. There is a huge stock of countertops options available in the market. Therefore, choose one that matches your choice and fits in your budget as well.