Preserve the health of your family with water filter
A water filter is any device or system that can remove contaminants from water. A water filter may include whole house water system or a RO drinking water system. The choice of water filter to be used solely, depends upon the person. Water can be purified wither with the help of water softener or water filter. In either case water is cleansed of all the impurities present in them. It is the process of water treatment that differentiates the water softener and water filter. The goal of water softener is to remove hardening components from the water. And the goal of water filter is to remove the contaminants from the water. Both the system can be used for purification of springwell hard water.
Contaminants of water
- Arsenic: Arsenic is one of the contaminants that is present in the water. These are harmful when consumed. However, it is not necessary that you have to consume them bulk. It can even cause damage to your health in consumed in small amounts over time. Arsenic are odourless and tasteless thus, making it difficult to identify them.
- Iron: Iron is another contaminant that is found in water. They make your clothes feel scratchy. They also change the taste of the food. Iron leaves a metallic taste in the food. Iron present in water is also one of the cause of rust stains on sinks and other fixtures. They reduce the efficiency of the appliances due to timely deposit of minerals in them.
- Nitrate: Nitrate is another contaminant that is tasteless, colourless and odourless thus, making it unidentifiable. Nitrate helps in the growth of bacteria which may cause health problems. It also leads to creation of carcinogen in the body.
Signs of hard water
Hard water have high level of mineral contents present in the water. Hard water is not safe for use of domestic and industrial purposes. The water may lead to both mechanical and aesthetic problems. However, you can identify the hardness of the water through various ways. Some of the ways are listed below:
- Hard water leaves deposits on taps, faucets and showerheads.
- Hard water leads to formation of soap scum in showers, bathtubs and washbasins.
- Hard water also leads to spotty dishes and glassware.
- Due to the mineral deposits the flow of water reduces thus leading low water pressure.
- You may also find soapy film present on the skin even after bathing.
- It reduces the lifespan of the clothes by making them dingy.
- Hard water reduces the effectiveness of detergents and soaps.
Benefits of using water softener
- Use of hard water filter ensures clean and shiny glassware, silverware, cars, tiles, etc.
- It also gives you a soft water and smooth skin.
- It also makes cleaning easier as water softener reduces soap curd.
- As the water is filtered and has less impurities it requires less detergents and soaps for cleaning of utensils and clothes.
- It also helps to preserve the life of the domestic and industrial water appliances.