What Does It Mean When You Have Attic Mold?
Around 30% to 50% of homes have mold in them, and 90% of that is found in the bathroom or kitchen. The other 10% is located in the crawl space, walls, or attic.
The attic is the most common place because of moisture from the roof or HVAC unit. Mold comes from various sources, including these two. That is why it is essential to find mold in the attic and treat it immediately.
But what does it mean if you find mold in the attic? Is that a serious problem? Keep reading below to learn more about having attic mold.
What Are The Causes?
One of the most common causes of mold is high humidity levels. When the humidity levels in the attic are high, it can create an environment conducive to the growth of mold.
Another common cause of mold in the attic is a leak in the roof. Leaks in the roof can allow water to seep into the attic space, leading to mold growth.
If you have a leaking roof, you can learn more about getting a new roof here.
Dangers of Mold in the Attic
When you have attic mold, there is a potential for serious health risks. Mold can cause respiratory problems, skin irritation, and other serious health problems. There are several ways to do this, but you should always consult with a professional before you attempt to remove mold yourself.
Prevention of Mold in the Attic
The first step in preventing attic mold is identifying the source of the moisture that is causing the problem. Once the source is found, it needs to be fixed. If the source cannot be repaired, measures need to be taken to control the moisture, such as using a dehumidifier.
Air circulation is also essential in preventing mold, so make sure the attic is well ventilated. One way is to keep the area clean and dry. You should also repair any leaks or other moisture problems as soon as possible.
How to Remove Attic Mold
To remove attic mold, you will need to make sure that you clean the area thoroughly. You will need to use a vacuum to remove all the mold spores from the area. You should also make sure to use a mildewcide to kill any remaining mold spores.
Start Cleaning Today!
Attic mold is a severe problem you should address as soon as possible. It can cause health problems for those exposed to it, and it can also cause damage to your home.
If you think you may have attic mold, it is essential to have it inspected by a professional. Once the mold is removed, you can prevent it from returning by keeping your attic dry and well-ventilated.
If the problem is severe, you may need to call a professional to get rid of the mold.
Check out our blog for more information on home repair and keeping your home safe.