8 Things You Need To Know About Maintaining A Stone Countertop | Creative Granite & Design
A stone countertop is a beautiful addition to any kitchen. It can give your home an elegant, modern feel that you won’t find with other materials like granite or stone. But stone countertops are also more difficult to maintain than most people realize. That means that even if you’re no smarter than most people, you still have a fighting chance of keeping your stone countertops looking great with a few simple tips.
- Always use a cutting board when you’re preparing food on your stone countertop. Even if you’re extra careful, it’s still easy to nick or scratch the surface of your countertop with a sharp knife. A cutting board will help to protect your stone from these kinds of damages.
- Be especially careful when you’re cleaning your stone countertop. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on the surface, as they can damage the stone over time. Instead, use a gentle detergent and a soft cloth to clean your countertops.
- Occasionally seal your stone countertop to protect it from staining and fading. Sealing will help to keep your countertop looking new for years to come.
- Don’t place hot pots or pans directly on your stone countertop. This can cause the stone to heat up and potentially damage it. Instead, use a trivet or hot pad to protect your stone countertop from heat damage.
- Don’t allow spills to sit on your stone countertop for too long. The longer a spill sits, the more likely it is to stain the stone. So, be sure to clean up any spills as soon as they happen.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals to clean up spills on your stone countertop. As we mentioned before, these can damage the stone over time. Instead, use a gentle detergent and a soft cloth to clean up any spills.
- Don’t allow crumbs or other food debris to accumulate on your stone countertop. This can attract pests like ants or rodents, and it can also lead to stains and other damage. Be sure to sweep or vacuum up any crumbs as soon as they fall.
- To keep your stone countertops looking their best, schedule regular stone cleaning and sealing services with a professional stone care company. This will ensure that your countertops are properly cared for and that any potential damage is avoided.
Follow these simple tips, and you’ll be able to keep your stone countertops looking great for years to come!
Where to buy stone countertop in Provo?
If you’re looking for stone countertops in Provo, there are a few different places that you can buy them. You can purchase stone countertops from a home improvement store, or you can order them from a stone supplier. If you order them from a stone supplier, they will likely have a wider variety of stones to choose from than you would find at a home improvement store. You can also find stone countertops online, but be sure to do your research to make sure that you’re getting a good quality product. Most like these stores also have a showroom so you can see and touch the stone before purchasing.
No matter where you buy your stone countertops, be sure to ask the store or supplier about the care and maintenance of stone countertops. They should be able to provide you with a few simple tips on how to keep your stone looking great for years to come.