The Main Causes of Clogged Toilets
Having a clogged toilet is unsanitary, but it can also take up a lot of time before it is fixed. Clogged toilets are just one of those things that you hate to happen in your bathroom because it can be a hassle. However, knowing the top reasons your toilet gets clogged can be the first step to preventing it from happening again. We compiled the main causes of clogged toilets to help you know how to prevent them.
- Old Toilet- These toilets cannot handle a lot of flushes, which led to eventual clogs.
- Fill Valve Issues- The fill valve is a mechanism that ensures you have enough water to flush your toilet. If it gets broken, your toilet gets clogged.
- Pipe Blockages- This is caused by flushing things that shouldn’t be flushed, whether by accident or on purpose. They can collect debris and clog your toilet.
- Sewage Line Issues- This is a major problem that could affect your whole neighborhood.
- Plumbing Vent Issues- A blocked or damaged plumbing vent will lead to a flush with inadequate force.