Top 5 Bathroom Remodeling Mistakes
Time flies by so fast. Last time, it’s the holiday season. And now, it is already another year. This only means that another decade will come out of history. And since it is a new year, new updates are in line for the interior design and architecture industry.
Because of this, the chances of homeowners getting their bathrooms remodeled are very high. And since a lot of new ideas will come out for this new year, several mistakes in bathroom remodeling might be committed by some homeowners and contractors.
Committing these kinds of mistakes can destroy the design and cost you much more in remodeling your bathroom. For you to avoid having these kinds of problems, here are some things that you should not do when remodeling bathrooms:
Not having a proper remodeling plan
- If you don’t have a proper remodeling plan, you might be making the biggest mistake of your life. Not being able to have a renovation plan can cause multiple problems and issues. Aside from this, you will also encounter lack of budget, low-level designs, and poor-quality bathroom appliances.
Neglecting to add enough storage
- It is definitely okay if you want a specific theme for your bathroom. You just don’t want to compromise storage spaces to achieve this look.
Making the toilet the first thing a person sees
- If you are planning to let your bathroom contractor do this, you are reducing the classiness of the bathroom. You can put the toilet at the place farthest from the door.
Refraining from having a proper ventilation plan
- Just like a remodeling plan, you should also have a proper ventilation plan in your bathroom as this is where the air goes in and out.
Ignoring the project timeline
- Your contractor will give you a schedule when the project will be done. You are responsible to check this from time to time.
For more information, check out this infographic by DURACARE Baths.