What To Know About Mobile Home Title Transfer?
If you have recently become interested in putting your mobile home for sale or buying a mobile home from its previous owner, you would have to transfer the mobile home title. The mobile home title transfer is a document that transfers the mobile home ownership from one individual to another. At the same time, you might think this to be a simple procedure, and it helps to know that the process is not similar to other property forms and might vary from one state to another.
What Does State Law Mention Regarding Mobile Home Title Transfer?
Based on where the mobile home is located, the state law might decide that mobile homes are considered fundamental properties or vehicles. The process, which involves the transfer of mobile home and the land on which it is settled, is complicated.
Transferring Mobile Home Title: Step By Step Guideline
There Are Four Significant Steps To Transfer Mobile Home Title, And They Are:
Determine Your Terms
Before you transfer the mobile home title, you have to determine the exchange term. For those selling their mobile homes, all you have to do is agree to the price mentioned by the buyer. But in cases of other transfer reasons like inheritance, you might have to cater to other stipulations before transferring process takes over.
Gather The Documents
The mobile home transfer process will differ from one state to another and from one country to another. So always familiarize yourself with all the requirements of your area. Some of the documents that you would need are:
- Tax Certificate: Evidence that the property taxes are all cleared. You can obtain this proof from the local taxing authority.
- Title Application: If your state requires a title application, the buyer must sign and fill it out. Sometimes, both parties have to sign and fill them out.
- Bill Of Sale: This is proof that both the seller and buyer have said yes to the mobile home sale. The document will include seller and buyer details, VIN, home’s serial number, purchase cost, date of purchase, followed by the sellers’ and buyers’ signatures.
- Lien Release: If the mobile home has any outstanding liens, the seller should obtain a lien release with evidence of a pay-off.
- Warranty Deed: A warranty deed will be needed to transfer title if your state considers mobile homes real property.
Sign The Documents
Once you have gathered the documents, the following step is to sign the papers. Hold back your signature if you seek more details or aren’t satisfied with something. Sign only when you are sure about all aspects of the transaction.
File For The Transfer
By the time you reach this process, the mobile home’s related sale money would have already gone under a different owner. Now, all you are left to do is file the documents you gathered and signed for the official transfer.
These simple steps and guidelines will help you opt for easy transfer of mobile home title. Once you know how to file for the mobile home transfer, the process wouldn’t look tedious to you.