HDB Door Gates: They Provide More Than Just Security
If you live in an HBD home and are thinking of installing an HDB door gate, then you might need to research your options carefully. In terms of functionality, door gates work as a safety precaution from intruders when your main door is left open.
Understanding What Type of Gate There Are
If you are looking for an HDB door gate replacement, then there are certain guidelines that you need to follow. You might need special approval from the Council and need to notify them in advance before any renovations are to take place. Upon approval, you can then choose the type of door gates from credible door suppliers in Singapore. You can find gates that are made with fine-quality materials that are durable. You can even ask for customization of your door gates as per your requirement. An HDB door gate replacement project done by Gate Door Window
After you have chosen the final design, the company will send their team to take measurements of your door and then prepare the gate for you. They will then confirm when to come in for the instalment. You cannot choose just any gate for your home. A lot of factors need to be taken into consideration such as:
- The main reason apart from safety would you require the gate for?
- Is the gate pet-friendly?
- Type of gate material you are looking for
If you are looking at improving the aesthetic appeal of your home, then you might be interested in installing stylish gates that come with artistic or unique designs on them. If you have kids or pets, you need to ensure that these gates are sealed properly with proper airflow so that your kids and pets are safe. The most common door gates that are trending are wrought iron and metal gates. Metal gates tend to be heavy and are durable. Wrought iron gates are rust-resistant and are easy to install and maintain. Ensure that you opt for the right size when it comes to your door gate. The common sizes available are the 3×7 feet and the 4×7 feet. If you own a condo, then the gate size may vary. Similarly, depending on your preference, you can even opt for single or double-panel door gates.
Main Difference Between Metal Gates And Wrought Iron Gates
It is natural to get confused when it comes to purchasing the right door gate for your home. If you are considering metal gates or wrought iron gates for your homes, you might need to compare both gates and then conclude.
- Iron gates are heavier than metal ones
- If you are looking for gates with strength, metal gates are a good option
- Wrought iron gates are expensive than metal ones
- Intricate designs are difficult to be created in metal gates
- Metal gates are corrosion-resistant
- Iron gates are durable than metal ones
- Low metal steel gates need to be sprayed or coated regularly
Installing a gate is not sufficient. You need to find a lock for it too. You can opt for digital locks if you have the habit of losing your keys. These locks work with combination codes that can be easily set. When it comes to installing gates, there are a few tips that you need to keep in mind.
- If you have pets at home, you can metal mesh to prevent them from escaping
- Use splash plates at the bottom of your door gate to prevent water from seeping out
- You can even install a pest net and open your main door without having pests entering your home
- Pay attention to the direction of your door gate swing. It should not clash with the swing of your main door
Your work is not over after installing your door gate. You need to regularly clean it of debris or dust that might get accumulated. Ensure that you lubricate the hinges to prevent them from squeaking or rusting. Take a damp cloth and wipe the gate. If the pain is peeling off, you can have it repainted to give it a glossier look. Periodically check locks if they are in working conditioning. If not, then you might have to replace them.
You can customize your door gate by adding your name or house number to it for a small fee. Regular maintenance of your door gate can improve its durability.